Visualize your website like a football game, you need the ball over the goal line to win the conversion. There’s the snap, just like football, you have only 5 seconds to win the game:
- One Mississippi… I’ve landed on your website. My eyes scan the page. I’m looking for what I want.
- Two Mississippi… I’m getting concerned. There’s just a lot of stuff here and I can’t take it all in. This is not looking hopeful, but I click on a link that looks somewhat promising.
- Three Mississippi… OK I see you’re selling stuff that I could buy, but I don’t want to talk to your sales guy. I’m looking for answers…
- Four Mississippi… I check out a fact sheet, but I’m in a hurry… I have a meeting in a few minutes. The information is related, but… not really.
- Five Mississippi… I leave.
On average you have FIVE seconds or less to engage, interest and convert a web-site lead. So here’s the question: Are you getting leads from your website?
I would not be so presumptuous to say your business lives or dies in that 5 seconds, but I would say there is a lot that can be learned about your business by looking at it. You see, there are only two reasons why you are not getting leads from your new web-site:
- Not enough of the right traffic.
- The traffic you have is not converting.
Search Engine Marketing is not just about buying AdWords… it’s about business growth, and more importantly, figuring out how your company could be better at achieving its objectives.
To learn more about search engine marketing, download MoreSALES’ Why Should an Executive Care About Search Engine Marketing? white paper.