B2B content that focuses primarily on “product selfies” does nothing to influence decision making. B2B buyers search for content that showcases how their issues can be resolved and supports their reasoning to select one product or service over another. Getting new leads using content marketing is all about providing the content a buyer needs when they need it.
To be successful at content marketing, consider these 20 questions as you create and promote your B2B content.
- Address stakeholder conflicts?
- Talk to the pain points a buyer may have?
- Remind your buyer of what they can lose without your solution?
- Focus on the “what’s in it for me” (WIIFM) from the buyer’s perspective?
- Add discussion of the business value your buyer wants to have?
- Present relevant product and service features?
- Including relevant keywords in written content?
- Approach your buyer using different mediums (e.g. video, written or graphic content) at varying points in the buy cycle?
- Close with a call-to-action relevant to the main idea of your content itself?
- Use the word “you” more than “we, our, us” and your company name?
- Sell in appropriate places (like your home page) while educating in others (like your white papers or videos)?
- Make it clear you can fulfill your prospect’s functional requirements?
- Show your prospect something new or different they didn’t know before?
- Challenge your prospect’s current approach?
- Avoid “marketing hype?”
- Provide what appears to be “unbiased information?”
- Tell stories?
- Always give your buyer something useful in every piece?
- Give your buyer at least a ballpark idea on pricing?
- Help your buyer see their role in a collective decision?
The difference between good B2B marketing content and great content can be measured by how well they drive traffic and influence buyers. Need help getting started? Contact us and we’ll work with you to create content that drives results.