Heartzap was established in 2002 in North Bay, Ontario with the vision of supplying automated external defibrillators (AEDs) in northern Ontario communities where EMS services for victims of cardiac arrest were not sufficiently immediate. Soon thereafter Heartzap expanded its territory and steadily diversified its offerings, both in terms of products and services, such as educating companies on the value of defibrillators and providing first-aid training. Over subsequent years expansion and diversification continued apace and today, from its offices in North Bay and Cambridge, Ontario Heartzap offers three distinct services: safety products, health and safety training and consulting.
Changing attitude towards health and safety
In the health and safety sector over the last 20 years Heartzap has witnessed a growing appreciation—by both employees and employers—of the importance of workplace health and safety. This stems from:
- Ongoing efforts by governments and schools to drive home the message that, in the workplace, health and safety is the foremost consideration;
- Investing in safety generates substantial economic benefits for all; and
- A growing awareness, particularly among the younger generation, that most of us work to live and not live to work. Coming home from work healthy and safe is not something to compromise on.
Heartzap is all too aware, however, that despite the above factors promoting advances in workplace health and safety, there is still much work to be done.
The Heartzap vision
Given the ongoing need for progress in workplace health and safety, Heartzap feels that the greatest contribution the company can make to society is to forge ahead in its drive to expand and optimize its health and safety training programs and consulting. This is the future for Heartzap Safety, alongside offering safety products of the highest quality.
Blended training programs
In recent years Heartzap Safety has taken full advantage for the delivery of online content to heighten the efficiency and effectiveness of blended training-training that combines traditional on-site/in-classroom training with online training. Blended training really is the answer because it allows students to proceed at their own pace and improves retention because of the ample opportunities it affords to review content. Furthermore, blended training affords people in remote locations or with compromised schedules more opportunities to receive the knowledge and skills they require to stay safe on the job. The experience of offering content online during the COVID-19 pandemic has reinforced the value of blending training programs.
Heartzap has almost two decades of experience in workplace health and safety and thus has a wealth of knowledge that benefit companies truly committed to looking after their employees—while enhancing their bottom line. Heartzap consulting services break down into three basic categories:
- Safety audits and assessments: Workplace safety audits reveal gaps that need to be corrected to achieve and maintain compliance. The Heartzap safety consulting team conducts audits and provides a step-by-step recommendation plan to achieve compliance.
- Program creation and implementation: Heartzap can write full programs and manuals, as well as policies, procedures and workplace safety training specific to your company. In addition, they offer consulting services that can help you implement the workplace safety programs into your workplace and operations.
- Site and facility visits: An impartial third-party inspection of your facility or job site ensures that your employees are complying with the laws, regulations, standards and workplace safety procedures and catch issues before they cause accidents.
Partnering with MoreSALES
To continue to grow and reach more markets, it was critical for Heartzap to expand their online presence. Enter MoreSALES, who in partnering with Heartzap have undertaken several digital marketing initiatives. Heartzap President Ray Snow is unequivocal in stating that MoreSALES has been instrumental in helping Heartzap expand its customer base by revamping the Heartzap website, implementing a dynamic e-commerce platform, launching a series of Google Ads campaigns to capture more leads digitally, and finally creating and writing monthly content for Heartzap’s email marketing campaigns. Heartzap has also adopted MoreSALES Marketing Automation for their sales team to track and nurture these leads as they filter in from the various campaigns.
“MoreSALES has helped us grow our digital presence, so that we can better compete in an industry with a lot of large players. The website revamp and addition of the e-commerce store has made it much easier for our customers to find the product or service they need. The ongoing content and Google support has allowed us to focus on our daily tasks and maintain our growth.” – Ray Snow, Heartzap President
MoreSALES continues to provide Heartzap with monthly informative blog content, Google Ads recommendations and reports, and continuous improvements to the website so that Heartzap can remain a strong presence in the Health and Safety field.
To learn more on how Heartzap can help your company optimize workplace health and safety, click here.